The Association of British Counties receives many general enquiries. To help us to help you, and to get a quicker answer to your question, please ensure that your enquiry is not answered by one of the following FAQs before contacting us:
- Aren’t some towns and cities (e.g. Bristol, Haverfordwest) counties in their own right?
- Weren’t many of the historic Counties altered or abolished by local government reorganisations in the 1960s and 1970s?
- What are the “home counties”?
- Why should we care about the Counties?
- Why have the identities of many of the historic Counties become obscured in recent years?
If your enquiry remains unanswered, please contact us.